Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Radiology
1010 Northwest Corner Building
New York , NY 10027
Phone: +1 212-854-5279
Fax: +1 212-854-8725
Neurocomputational modeling and neuroengineering, pattern recognition, adaptive processing for biomedical image and signal analysis.
Laboratory for Intelligent Imaging and Neural Computing
1989: B.S., Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1992: M.S., Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania
- 1994: Ph.D., Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania
- 1989 David Adler Memorial Thesis Prize for Outstanding Undergraduate Thesis Research in Electrical Engineering, MIT
- 1989 University Fellow, University of Pennsylvania
- 1991 Graduate Fellow, Office of Naval Research National Defense Science and Engineering
- 1993 Louis and Josepha B. Flexner Award for the Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation in the Neurosciences, University of Pennsylvania
- 1994 Solomon R. Pollack Award for the Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania
- 1996 Sarnoff Technical Achievement Award for "Computer Aided Diagnosis"
- 2002 National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- 2008 Awarded Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowship
- 2009 Elected Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE)
- 2011 Elected Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering
- 2012 Elected Fellow of the IEEE
- 2015 Appointed Chair, IEEE Brain Initiative
- 2016 Elected Fellow of the AAAS
I am the director of the Laboratory for Intelligent Imaging and Neural Computing (LIINC).